Unlike a crown, a veneer is much more conservative, and does not require removing a large portion of the tooth to place. A veneer is a very thin, porcelain “shell” like covering that wraps around the entire front of a tooth. Veneers can help people with the following:
- Self-confidence-smiling without feeling embarrassed about flaws or imperfections in your teeth
- Giving someone a younger, more vibrant appearance
- Helping you achieve your smile goals
Who Can Benefit?
One of the biggest benefits to veneers is improving the appearance of teeth, giving a person a more uniform, brighter, and natural looking smile. Typically, people with the following will benefit most from veneers:
- Pointed or unusually shaped/smaller teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth that cannot withstand bonding as a permanent, long lasting solution
- Small spacing or crowding of the teeth
- Defects or discoloration in the teeth including staining that cannot be fixed with whitening
A consultation is the first step in seeing if you would be a good candidate for veneers; they aren’t for everyone.
Here at Dental Reflections Dublin, Dr. As-Sanie is great at helping patients navigate the difference between their wants and needs. What you may have in mind may be different from what she recommends. She does a thorough job at explaining why she is recommending a specific dental treatment and advantages and disadvantages to each procedure. It is typically recommended placing veneers on all front 6 teeth so that the smile looks uniform.
Veneers can last a lifetime if done correctly. Dr. As-Sanie is very meticulous with her work and is a perfectionist.
To get scheduled for your consultation, call us at 614.799.5576.